Sunday, October 30, 2011

Blog Post #10


Do You Teach or Do You Educate?
educator"


I watched this video "Do You Teach or Do You Educate?" I found this video to be quite inspiring. I really enjoyed it and I feel like I got a lot out of it. It really shows the difference between being a teacher and being an educator. They showed us the true definitions of them both in a powerful way. Being an educator is what I will strive to become. There is so much more meaning in being an educator than a teacher. I think that developing personal relationships with students would be a good start in becoming not just a teacher but an educator. I think that if students know that you are there for them throughout it all changes the meanings of all things. They will strive to become a better student and person. Students look up to their educators as a role model which just that makes you not just a teacher. Students will always be growing and looking for new answers not only about school but life as well. I think going the extra mile in every situation sets apart the teachers from the educators.

I know that when I first started thinking of becoming a teacher I knew I loved children, and I wanted to make a difference in each one of their lives. I also wanted to become a teacher for elementary students because I want to help them start off their lives with the basic skills they will need and use for the rest of their lives. If someone were to ask me now why I wanted to become a teacher my answer would be slightly different. Not only would I say a teacher is not what I strive to be but an educator is what I will become. This made me realize that my goal as becoming an educator only gets more important.

Don't Let Them Take Pencils Home

I was in a state of confusion about the pencils at first. I read and reread this post to figure out what was really going on. I read one persons comment about replacing the pencils with computers. This is when everything became clear to me and things started to make sense. Mr. Johnson did a fabulous job creating this post.

This post was very fascinating. I really like how Mr. Johnson stayed positive throughout this conversation. I think that reading this gave me a better idea on school, test taking, and computers in general. I thought it was really cool how Mr. Johnson is so encouraging on children learning from playing games and not worrying too much on how they misuse these important aspects. His attitude toward learning is so inspiring. I hope and will strive to keep and remain a positive mind frame throughout my educational career.

1 comment:

  1. So you discovered the metaphor. That;'s great I don't know. Let's find out.

    As a result you get the Got the Metaphor Assignment. I am aslo including the Missed the Metaphor assignment in case you wish to learn even more.

    Got the Metaphor Assignment

    Special Assignment #1

    Write a post about why we use metaphors. Give examples in history and literature and even EDM310. Due Sunday November 20, 2011.

    Missed the Metaphor Assignment

    Additional Assignment: Read these three posts:

    1. Metaphors: What They Are and Why We Use Them

    In that post there is a Special Assignment. Do that assignment in a new post which is Additional Post #1. It does NOT substitute for Blog Post #14 as it did in the Spring semester.

    Due midnight Sunday November 20, 2011.

    2. Metaphor Discussion Update

    3. Jennifer Asked: Why Use Metaphors? Here is My Answer

    4. For more information also see:
    You Missed the Point! It's Not A Pencil…"

    ReplyDelete