Sunday, October 2, 2011

Blog Post #6

The Networked Student
By: Wendy Drexler
Globe with Students


Wendy Drexler really spent time and thought out this process on her video. I really liked how she planned and produced her video. I thought that she was thinking outside of the box, which was very creative to me. I felt that it was in a simple way to get her information across. Some of the information was kind of confusing to me in a way. Which is to be expected, I thought, because some of this is new to me. However, she did make me feel better by making the video the way she did.

She states things in her video things that we are currently learning now in EDM 310. The students will comment on blog post and use their iPods and Skype to enhance their learning. This makes me feel better because I know that I am being prepared to successfully fulfill my duties later in life as an educator. The things that seem unclear to me now will become easier in time.

I would have to say that I am not yet ready to teach networked students. I do think that I will be ready as I continue my education. Although it may seem like the children will not even need a teacher, I think they will always need someone to seek answers from and be there for them for help and guidance.

A Seventh Grader's Personal Learning Environment
This was very impressive! This 7th graders really seems to know her stuff. I thought it was very fascinating. She seemed to really enjoy the way she does her school work. All of the things that she has put together all looked very neat and orderly. Which helps students stay on top of assignments when things are organized. I really thought the way she does her learning and work is the way to go.

She stated that she learned all of this information while in 7th grade. Which is reassuring because she is still in seventh grade meaning that the way she does things is easy to figure out. She also says that she likes doing things this way better, so she can chose to do her work on her own time. I really like how this gives them the independence to do their own work when they want and how they want to.
My PLN has not been fully completed, but I know that I will use the advice from this 7th grader to complete mine.
ple setup

1 comment:

  1. We need more details in your reflections to know that you understood the point of the videos. These are what we call "portable paragraphs."

    ReplyDelete