Sunday, October 30, 2011

C4T #3 Summary

male teacher sitting at desk


For the past two weeks I have been assigned to comment on the blog of Mr. Kevin McLaughlin for our C4T assignment. I thought that Mr. McLaughlin brought up some interesting topics that I found rather fascinating. He made me think in a way which was different than I normally think. So needless to say I am found of Mr. McLaughlin. The first post I read of his was called "Switching off the interactive white boards for good". While reading this he talked about how these interactive boards are becoming a thing of the past and useless for the classroom. He mainly says this because teachers have all the opportunities to use this board in their classes but chose not to. He even asked his students what they thought of the boards and the replies they came up with were disappointing to me. They said that they never get used and, they became bored waiting for a turn. I became very disappointed while reading this post. I told him how we recently touched on the basics on the smart board and how we talked highly of this board. I really like the smart board and find it very beneficial. However, I guess it has been out for awhile and better things have come out which is to be expected in todays time. I just still like the smart board and I have not given up on it.

The next post I commented on talked about keeping education alive. He used references about how the bridges in India grow from generation to generation. This is a lot like the education system which keeps growing and changing throughout generations. He suggests that it is time to destroy the bridge of education now and start all over from scratch. He says that if it is not done it will fall and he wants to be there when it does. I found this post to be cool for the way he wrote it in comparison to a bridge that grows from generation to generation. I feel like I disagree to an extent with starting all the way over from scratch. I feel like the education system does need to change with the times, but wiping it out all together seems kind of intense.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Michelle,

    I think the Smartboards are a great way to motivate students to become interested in the subject. Yes, there are ups and downs with Smartboards, but I believe that these have many benefits in the classroom.

    Good job Michelle,

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete