Sunday, October 9, 2011

C4T # 2

heart


The teacher I was assigned to this go round was Ms. Kathy Cassidy. Her blog is called Primary Preoccupation (thoughts from a grade one teacher). I am really glad I got the opportunity to have Ms. Cassidy as the teacher I commented on. She is very nice, and made comments on the things I commented on her post. I really like the way she is creative and comes up with creative activities.

The first post I commented on was her post called Passion Based Learning. She is starting on an adventure to teach her students in passion based learning approach. She talks about how she usually is a risk taker, but this approach she was a bit nervous. She states that she will keep her readers filled in thorough out the year on how it goes. I commented on this saying that I thought it was a neat approach. Also that I admired the she was a risk taker and looks out for the betterment of her students.

The next post I chose to comment on was a post called Let Them Use Cake. This post is another reason why I like to read her blog so much. She created an activity for her students that was inspiring to me. They are on the unit of patterns, so she gave her students a card that said I wonder on it. They were to write on the card things they wondered about for making patterns. The next day she gave them the experience to create their wonders into learning. She brought in all sorts of things the listed on their wonder cards and let them test their wonders out. This was a very neat idea. I still will continue to visit Ms. Cassidy's blog!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle! The blog you were assigned to read is really interesting. I'll have to go check it out myself. I really like the idea of the Let Them Use Cake post. That is such a great idea! And it goes back to Sir Ken Robinson's video we had to watch about creativity. She is clearly fostering their creativity and that is great, especially for first graders.

    ReplyDelete