Saturday, November 5, 2011

Blog Post #11

Little Kids....Big Potential
By: Ms. Cassidy.
ms.cassidy at the computer


First I would like to start off by saying that I have had the privilege of following Ms. Cassidy on our C4T, and I loved her from the get go. She is truly inspiring from all of the wonderful and impressive things she is doing.

When watching Little Kids....Big Potential I was truly inspired yet again by Ms. Cassidy's work. She teaches first grade students each year by incorporating blogging, wikis, students nintendo ds, and even Skype. I would not of thought that students this young of an age could pick up this kind of technology and master it. They sure did though. Her students talk about the ways they use all these types of technology in their class. They all seem to really be having fun while learning, and that is so awesome to me. I thought that they got most use out of their blogs. They seem to really enjoy blogging. I really thought it was cool for the fact that they can work on it at school and also go home and work on it some more. They get encouraging and nice comments from people all over as well as their loved ones. It was really neat hearing first grade students talking about all the wonderful uses they are learning about in Ms. Cassidy's class.

I also watched the Skype video between Ms. Cassidy, Dr. Strange, and some EDM310 students. In this, she talked about how she first started incorporating technology in her class. She says that she started ten years ago when she was given five computers. She knew she had something good on her hands so she embraced it! I really love what she is doing and can only hope and try my best to be a truly inspiring and great teacher as Ms. Cassidy is.
children on computers

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle
    I think you are absolutely right in your post. It's amazing how young children are able to handle this at such a young age. Ms.Cassidy is doing a great job with these children. I think that she will inspire teachers all over the world to teach there children about technology. Great Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michelle,

    You have had a unique experience since you have been following Ms. Cassidy in comments for teachers. I am glad that you find her ways useful. Hopefully you can learn something from her and carry that into your classroom.

    Great job Michelle,

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete