Sunday, November 13, 2011

Blog Post #12

This week in EDM310, We will be focusing on the importance of working as a group. Teamwork is such a valuable asset that all teachers must learn to do well. When all teachers bring all their minds together they will not only be benefiting their school, but the most important thing the students. Watch this video on Differentiated Instruction in the Classroom (Mesquite Elementary School). Write two paragraphs on why you think that teamwork is important to you and your school. Also, write about what types of things will you do to contribute to your team to make a difference in your future school. Make sure you look over Writing a Quality Blog Post.


I think that teamwork is super important. Also, I think it is a necessity for all upcoming and current teachers to be apart of a team. When people work together as a team things go a lot smoother. All of the work is not focused on only one person. This gives everyone the opportunity to express their ideas, and for those ideas to only become better by adding one or two things to it. I think that when great minds all come together the outcome will only be that much better. I am all for teamwork. I really believe if teachers work as a team everyone will get along better, and the work they construct will be super.

After watching this video, I was really inspired. I thought that the things this school did as a group was really great. They all came together to improve the scores on the tests students had to take. It was really cool how all of the teachers cared so much, and it really showed when the test scores came up drastically. I would absolutely love to be apart of a team like this. They all seem to care about one thing, the students. When I am an educator I will try as hard as these ladies did to do the most I can for my students and school.

Also take a look at Principal Kappy Cannon Fosters Technology Innovation and Teamwork. Notice how they always use the word "We" This school is always trying to make things bigger and better for their school so there children will succeed. Discuss in two or more paragraphs what you have learned from watching this video. Did you find this video to be useful in your future classroom and also when you will be working with your colleagues. Make sure you look at Writing a Quality Blog Post.

The word "We" is well defined in this video. They all seem to give credit to everyone as a team. This school is a technology friendly school. They give their students the opportunity to experience the cool technologies for themselves. For, they video chat with classes across the world, and they converse different things they are learning about. I feel that the teachers "shared vision" is a neat aspect they rely on in their school. However, I love how the principal states that they could have all the bells and whistles but it all really boils down to the relationship between the students and teachers.

I thought that this video was very useful. They did a lot of things that I would love to try one day in my future class. I love how they are so eager to help the student learn with new technologies. It is so neat how they focus on students individuality. I also love the fact that the focus on preparing their students for the 21st century.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Michelle,

    This is a great idea, but you didn't complete the assignment for this blog post. You were supposed to give instructions and actually do the post as an example.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle, I really enjoyed your post. I think you had an excellent idea for this assignment and did a great job completing it. I agree with you that teamwork is vital to success and believe you will be able to have success in your career and with your future students if you keep up the good attitude. Great job!

    ReplyDelete