Sunday, September 11, 2011

C4T

At the Teachers Desk
teachers desk


By W.M. Chamberline
Mr.C teaches elementary students and Noel Elementary. He uses the saying on his home blog "Modeling the use of technology to teachers and students". I thought that this saying alone summed up what he is doing and trying to do. The first comment I left for Mr. C was on his post called A Better way to learn and Teach Vocabulary. Which explained exactly what was in his post. Mr.C shared his theory for a way he teaches his students new vocabulary words. Each time he gives his students new words to learn he starts by letting them illustrate that word. Then, he gets them to put in their own words what they think the words mean. He says that it is proven that his students learn better this way and make better grades on vocabulary tests. I commented on Mr. C's post by telling him that I thought this was a neat approach to learning new words. I also told him that I would love to use this idea when I become a teacher one day.

The next post I commented on was his most recent post called Why I Require My Students to Blog. In this post he talks about the many beneficial reasons his students blog. He says that it helps his students in writing to a bigger audience and not just limited to himself. Also, he says that it creates intellectual conversations among people from all around. I commented on his post telling him about my edm310 class, and how his post gave me a better outlook on blogging in general. I even made the point to tell him that this was my first blog, and that it was crazy to think his elementary students are doing the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment