Thursday, September 15, 2011

Blog Post #4

Eagle Nest Radio and Class Blog
Kid's Podcasting

I read and listened to the Eagle Nest Radio and Class blog. This blog was done by third grade students. I really enjoyed listening to the fun ways they went over cool facts and information. They really made learning fun for me. I thought it was really cool how they set up their radio talk show interviewing other students in such a creative way. They covered so much information on their podcasts. The ones they posted varied from Greeks and their history to cool facts about sharks. I love the idea of podcast, they are so neat and allows for so much creativity.

Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom, By: Joe Dale

Also, I looked at Joe Dale's Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom. This page was super beneficial. Mr. Dale states that podcasting allows differentiation in the classroom. He talks about why podcasting can be so useful while teaching a class. He goes over goes over several reasons why it is beneficial to use podcast. Some of the reasons he states are: it is a good way for students to learn outside the classroom, it enables so much creativity for the students, and it comes in handy when students are out of school sick. Podcasting seems really neat, and I think that it was a really cool idea. I never knew, until now, exactly what podcasting was. I am a fan! This gave me a better outlook and understanding, so I can develop my podcast better.

Podcast Collection, By: Judy Scharf

The third site I looked over was Podcast Collection. Scharf explains what goes into preparing your students in creating their own podcast. She starts by talking about what a podcast is and the different types you can make. She tells us that a podcast is a mix between broadcast and an iPod. I thought this was really cool to know because I never knew what a podcast was. She also gave her readers some handy types on how to succeed with teaching your students how to podcast. She lists some neat and fun examples on how to create podcasts. I really liked how she added researching certain topics. I thought that part was beneficial to our own podcast projects. She gives some awesome ideas and explanations on how to teach and do a podcast.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Michelle, I love your photo of the children doing the podcast! I also watched the Eagle's Nest podcast and though it was great. Like you, I watched the Joe Dale video on the benefits of podcasts in the classroom. I thought that he gave some great reasons for using technology like this for our students. I did not look at the website by Judy Scharf. I did not know that she teaches you how to teach your students to podcast. I will have to go back and look at her site. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, beneficial and cool. How many times did these words appear in this short post?

    I hope these assignments helped in your preparation for your podcast.

    ReplyDelete